The Crews feature of the Rockstar Social Club is being expanded with a new structure element, Hierarchies, in preparation for Grand Theft Auto 5 and Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar Games announced today.
Social Club Crews, the basis of the online community for Rockstar titles, now allow Crew leaders to delegate responsibilities by assigning ranks to members of the Crew. People on the level immediately below the leader, Commissioners, can manage the club just like the leader would in his or her absence. Lieutenants are "made" members of the group, able to promote and demote others below them. Representatives have earned the right to help out with recruitment efforts, while everyone else falls under Muscle.
Crew leaders can head to the Crew management page right now and start designating members as officials in advance of the arrival of Grand Theft Auto 5, which launches Sept. 17 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song