The Humble Origin Bundle from Electronic Arts ended its record-setting run today, racking up more than $10.5 million in sales, almost all of which went to a group of charitable organizations: the Human Rights Campaign, Watsi, the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society.
More than 2.1 million bundles were sold, according to Humble Bundle's Twitter account.
EA's Humble Bundle was an impressive value, offering pay-what-you-want pricing on Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Medal of Honor and Mirror's Edge. Humble Bundle buyers who beat the average also got The Sims 3 and Battlefield 3. The bundle later grew with the addition of the original Populous and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 — Uprising.
Humble Bundle is currently offering a stand-up comedy bundle featuring performances by comedians Louis CK, Patrice O'Neal, Maria Bamford and more.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall