Re-Logic's adventure role-playing game Terraria is arriving on iOS tomorrow for $4.99 with Android and Windows Phone versions "to follow soon," according a post on the game's official Facebook page.
Developed by Codeglue, the iOS version features new controls adapted for mobile gameplay to encourage longer gaming sessions, redesigned crafting system and a re-built tutorial. Terraria will also have Game Center leaderboard and achievement support, as well as Facebook sharing functionality.
Producer David Welch told Polygon that the studio set out to embrace the touchscreen aspect and "make it feel native and good." The development teams also did away with the steep learning curve featured in the PC version of the game.
Originally released on Windows PC in 2011, a collector's edition of Terraria launched in North America for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in July. It later saw a release on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live in March and will be ported to the PS Vita via PlayStation Network this summer.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy