Midnight City, a new division of publisher Majesco Entertainment, will serve as a publishing label for indie developers looking to bring their games to the masses, Majesco announced today.
The label will be run by Casey Lynch, former editor-in-chief of IGN, and Doug Kennedy, former president and CEO of Reverb Communications and Reverb Publishing.
"Over the years we have seen tons of really great games coming from smaller independent studios and our vision at Midnight City is to offer these games and development teams a wide range of services and support," said Lynch in a press release announcing Midnight City. "We're here to help with everything from first-party relations, QA, promotion and community building and to put a spotlight on the titles while freeing the development teams to focus 100 percent of their energy on building the best games possible."
Midnight City's initial publishing slate will consist of the following 10 games and developers:
- Videoball (Action Button Entertainment)
- The Bridge (Ty Taylor)
- Blood of the Werewolf (Scientifically Proven)
- Krautscape (Mario von Rickenbach)
- Slender: The Arrival (Blue Isle Studios)
- Organic Panic (Last Limb)
- High Strangeness (Barnyard Intelligence Games)
- Super Rad Raygun: The Lost Levels (Tru Fun Entertainment)
- Grapple (Tuesday Society Games)
You can see 10 games in action in the trailer above; they will all be playable at PAX Prime this weekend.