A bit more than a month after showing off a reveal trailer for the World of Warcraft movie at Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures has locked in a date for filming and set up shop in the studios for the film, Production Weekly reports.
According to a tweet from the film and TV production database company, Legendary recently set-up offices at Canadian Motion Picture Park in Vancouver, British Columbia and plans to begin filming on Jan. 13.
During Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. showed panel attendees a reveal trailer for the movie, titled Warcraft. The live-action short featured a human warrior preparing to go to battle with a hammer-wielding orc.
Duncan Jones is the latest director tapped to help the film. Prior to Jones' involvement, Sam Raimi was set to direct.
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- Sony ending PlayStation Home service in Japan and Asia in 2015
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League