Nintendo of America has confirmed that its basic 8GB Wii U console is in "limited supply" in North America, with a standing price of $299.99.
The firm says it has no current plans to make any changes to the console form's status, although its poor sales in comparison to the 32GB version make it a rare sight on retail shelves.
Earlier today, Eurogamer reported a Nintendo UK spokesperson stating that "the current Wii U Basic Pack will become limited in supply." Nintendo's U.S. response, passed on to Polygon, appears to echo that position.
Wii U Basic's price is still officially $299, the same as the Deluxe version. Retailers began pulling the basic unit from shelves earlier this summer.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders