Nintendo of America has confirmed that its basic 8GB Wii U console is in "limited supply" in North America, with a standing price of $299.99.
The firm says it has no current plans to make any changes to the console form's status, although its poor sales in comparison to the 32GB version make it a rare sight on retail shelves.
Earlier today, Eurogamer reported a Nintendo UK spokesperson stating that "the current Wii U Basic Pack will become limited in supply." Nintendo's U.S. response, passed on to Polygon, appears to echo that position.
Wii U Basic's price is still officially $299, the same as the Deluxe version. Retailers began pulling the basic unit from shelves earlier this summer.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Combo Compilation of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?