Nintendo of America has confirmed that its basic 8GB Wii U console is in "limited supply" in North America, with a standing price of $299.99.
The firm says it has no current plans to make any changes to the console form's status, although its poor sales in comparison to the 32GB version make it a rare sight on retail shelves.
Earlier today, Eurogamer reported a Nintendo UK spokesperson stating that "the current Wii U Basic Pack will become limited in supply." Nintendo's U.S. response, passed on to Polygon, appears to echo that position.
Wii U Basic's price is still officially $299, the same as the Deluxe version. Retailers began pulling the basic unit from shelves earlier this summer.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories
- Daggerfall players
- The Hong Kong Massacre
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds