Nintendo of America has confirmed that its basic 8GB Wii U console is in "limited supply" in North America, with a standing price of $299.99.
The firm says it has no current plans to make any changes to the console form's status, although its poor sales in comparison to the 32GB version make it a rare sight on retail shelves.
Earlier today, Eurogamer reported a Nintendo UK spokesperson stating that "the current Wii U Basic Pack will become limited in supply." Nintendo's U.S. response, passed on to Polygon, appears to echo that position.
Wii U Basic's price is still officially $299, the same as the Deluxe version. Retailers began pulling the basic unit from shelves earlier this summer.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)