An animated film pitch from 2007 offers a look at characters of The Legend of Zelda in a very Pixar-esque light.
The pitch reel was part of a proposal made by Imagi Animation Studios for a film version of the popular video game franchise. The studio is best known for its recent work on the CGI version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT, as well as film flop Astro Boy.
Adam Holmes, who supervised, shot and edited the clip, released it via his online portfolio. You can watch the video above to see CGI versions of Zelda and Link get themselves into a whole mess of trouble.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC