An animated film pitch from 2007 offers a look at characters of The Legend of Zelda in a very Pixar-esque light.
The pitch reel was part of a proposal made by Imagi Animation Studios for a film version of the popular video game franchise. The studio is best known for its recent work on the CGI version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT, as well as film flop Astro Boy.
Adam Holmes, who supervised, shot and edited the clip, released it via his online portfolio. You can watch the video above to see CGI versions of Zelda and Link get themselves into a whole mess of trouble.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- A game inspired by psone graphics
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Xbox One Spare Beta Code