Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time has been downloaded "nearly" 25 million times worldwide, developer PopCap announced today.
Downloads of the second installment in PopCap's zombie-smashed series have exceed total sales of the original 2010 Plants vs. Zombies, the company revealed.
According to an infographic posted to the official PopCap website, Plants vs. Zombies 2 players have racked up 81 million hours of gameplay, generating 39 billion in-game suns and cultivating 10 billion plants against 5.4 billion waves of zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is free-to-play and can be downloaded via the App Store for iPad and iPhone. During Gamescom last week, publisher Electronic Arts announced the title would receive a major content update in the coming months, called Far Future.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse