Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time has been downloaded "nearly" 25 million times worldwide, developer PopCap announced today.
Downloads of the second installment in PopCap's zombie-smashed series have exceed total sales of the original 2010 Plants vs. Zombies, the company revealed.
According to an infographic posted to the official PopCap website, Plants vs. Zombies 2 players have racked up 81 million hours of gameplay, generating 39 billion in-game suns and cultivating 10 billion plants against 5.4 billion waves of zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is free-to-play and can be downloaded via the App Store for iPad and iPhone. During Gamescom last week, publisher Electronic Arts announced the title would receive a major content update in the coming months, called Far Future.
- Watch what Grand Theft Auto 4's killer PC mod does for its original trailer
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Watch the entire Halo: Nightfall panel from Comic-Con
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?