Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time has been downloaded "nearly" 25 million times worldwide, developer PopCap announced today.
Downloads of the second installment in PopCap's zombie-smashed series have exceed total sales of the original 2010 Plants vs. Zombies, the company revealed.
According to an infographic posted to the official PopCap website, Plants vs. Zombies 2 players have racked up 81 million hours of gameplay, generating 39 billion in-game suns and cultivating 10 billion plants against 5.4 billion waves of zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time is free-to-play and can be downloaded via the App Store for iPad and iPhone. During Gamescom last week, publisher Electronic Arts announced the title would receive a major content update in the coming months, called Far Future.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!