PlayStation 4 will feature voice command capabilities through its Eye camera peripheral, Sony confirmed with Polygon.
"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29," a Sony Computer Entertainment spokesperson told Polygon.
During Sony's presentation at the recent GameStop Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, SCEA's group manager of retail training and advocacy Sean Coleman outlined PlayStation 4 features, including a brief overview of the camera's capabilities.
In video captured of the presentation by YouTube user lex1020 (seen below at the 5:30 mark), a description of the camera reads "From navigational voice commands to facial recognition, the PlayStation Camera adds incredible innovation to your gaming."
"When you add the PlayStation camera into the mix, the pair works together to expand upon system features and enhance your PlayStation 4 experience," Coleman says. "The new stereoscopic lenses track your body movements in games or even recognize your face easier system navigation."
PlayStation 4 will launch on Nov. 15 in North America for $399 and Nov. 29 in Europe for €399. PlayStation Eye camera will be sold separately and will retail for $59 in North America and €49 in Europe.
- Watch what Grand Theft Auto 4's killer PC mod does for its original trailer
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team bundled with Wii U download code
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?