Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't include offline multiplayer in its Wii U edition because of the amount of time it would have taken for the development team to implement, Ubisoft producer Liu Jim told Nintendo Life.
The game will, however, feature online co-op play on the system, with players able to use the Wii U GamePad's microphone for multiplayer chat. Co-op missions will still be available on Wii U and can be completed by a single player.
"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," said Jun. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Splinter Cell: Blacklist launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller