Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't include offline multiplayer in its Wii U edition because of the amount of time it would have taken for the development team to implement, Ubisoft producer Liu Jim told Nintendo Life.
The game will, however, feature online co-op play on the system, with players able to use the Wii U GamePad's microphone for multiplayer chat. Co-op missions will still be available on Wii U and can be completed by a single player.
"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," said Jun. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Splinter Cell: Blacklist launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed