Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't include offline multiplayer in its Wii U edition because of the amount of time it would have taken for the development team to implement, Ubisoft producer Liu Jim told Nintendo Life.
The game will, however, feature online co-op play on the system, with players able to use the Wii U GamePad's microphone for multiplayer chat. Co-op missions will still be available on Wii U and can be completed by a single player.
"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," said Jun. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Splinter Cell: Blacklist launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?