Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't include offline multiplayer in its Wii U edition because of the amount of time it would have taken for the development team to implement, Ubisoft producer Liu Jim told Nintendo Life.
The game will, however, feature online co-op play on the system, with players able to use the Wii U GamePad's microphone for multiplayer chat. Co-op missions will still be available on Wii U and can be completed by a single player.
"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," said Jun. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Splinter Cell: Blacklist launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?