Splinter Cell: Blacklist won't include offline multiplayer in its Wii U edition because of the amount of time it would have taken for the development team to implement, Ubisoft producer Liu Jim told Nintendo Life.
The game will, however, feature online co-op play on the system, with players able to use the Wii U GamePad's microphone for multiplayer chat. Co-op missions will still be available on Wii U and can be completed by a single player.
"In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren't able to delve into this feature," said Jun. "But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles."
Splinter Cell: Blacklist launches Aug. 20 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward