"Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30 [frames per second]," said Whitten, chief platform architect for Xbox One, when asked what kind of footage the Xbox One would record from Forza Motorsport 5. Developer Turn 10 Studios told Polygon during E3 that the game will run in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
"Your clips are stored in the cloud," said Whitten. "You'll be able to see these clips in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection and when you are looking at gamercards on the system."
Microsoft representatives confirmed to Polygon in May that the Xbox One supports resolutions as high as 4K — which is quadruple the resolution of 1080p — for games and other content. But regardless of a game's native resolution, clips recorded by Game DVR will come in at 720p at 30 frames per second.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Fenix Fire launches Kickstarter campaign for arcade adventure Source
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?