"Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30 [frames per second]," said Whitten, chief platform architect for Xbox One, when asked what kind of footage the Xbox One would record from Forza Motorsport 5. Developer Turn 10 Studios told Polygon during E3 that the game will run in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
"Your clips are stored in the cloud," said Whitten. "You'll be able to see these clips in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection and when you are looking at gamercards on the system."
Microsoft representatives confirmed to Polygon in May that the Xbox One supports resolutions as high as 4K — which is quadruple the resolution of 1080p — for games and other content. But regardless of a game's native resolution, clips recorded by Game DVR will come in at 720p at 30 frames per second.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible