Sony Online Entertainment released details on its EverQuest expansion Call of the Forsaken and EverQuest 2 expansion Tears of Veeshan, both of which are expected later this year.
Both expansions were announced during SOE Live last week. Call of Forsaken, which marks the 20th expansion for EverQuest, takes players to the lands of West Karana. There, they'll face off against the dragon Lady Lendiniara and attempt to return peace to the world of Norrath. The expansion also adds two shared bank slots, a new Heroic Adventure system, new gear and more raids.
EverQuest 2's 10th expansion, Tears of Veeshan, adds a new Channeler class, nine dungeons, quests, tradeskill apprentice items and more. The expansion takes place in the Eternal Broodlands, where players will attempt to stop Kerafyrm the Awakened.
Last week, SOE detailed its upcoming entry in the series, EverQuest Next. Check out our interview with SOE president John Smedley on how players will forge the next game and our video preview of its toolset, EverQuest Next Landmark.
- Toys for Bob and the story behind Skylanders
- Your first look at Prodigy's two new monstrous creatures
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- Wildstar PvP will throw you into a 40 vs. 40 battle royale
- Starbound studio is helping to bring metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia to new platforms