The Xbox One's Game DVR feature, which allows players to record and upload game footage, will be restricted to users with Xbox Live Gold accounts, Microsoft confirmed to One Hit Pixel.
A features page on Xbox.com lists Game DVR — along with the OneGuide TV guide feature, SmartMatch and Skype — as Xbox Live features exclusive to Gold members.
"I can confirm that Game DVR features will be available to Xbox Live Gold members only," a representative for Microsoft told One Hit Pixel.
Announced during the console's unveiling event in May, the Xbox One's Game DVR feature allows players to record important or impressive moments during the games they play and share them online. Earlier this week, Microsoft's Marc Whitten confirmed Game DVR would capture gameplay at 720p at 30 frames per second.
Update: When reached for comment, a representative from Microsoft confirmed with Polygon that Xbox Live Gold will be required to access the Game DVR feature.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!