The Xbox One's Game DVR feature, which allows players to record and upload game footage, will be restricted to users with Xbox Live Gold accounts, Microsoft confirmed to One Hit Pixel.
A features page on Xbox.com lists Game DVR — along with the OneGuide TV guide feature, SmartMatch and Skype — as Xbox Live features exclusive to Gold members.
"I can confirm that Game DVR features will be available to Xbox Live Gold members only," a representative for Microsoft told One Hit Pixel.
Announced during the console's unveiling event in May, the Xbox One's Game DVR feature allows players to record important or impressive moments during the games they play and share them online. Earlier this week, Microsoft's Marc Whitten confirmed Game DVR would capture gameplay at 720p at 30 frames per second.
Update: When reached for comment, a representative from Microsoft confirmed with Polygon that Xbox Live Gold will be required to access the Game DVR feature.
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?