The Xbox One's Game DVR feature, which allows players to record and upload game footage, will be restricted to users with Xbox Live Gold accounts, Microsoft confirmed to One Hit Pixel.
A features page on Xbox.com lists Game DVR — along with the OneGuide TV guide feature, SmartMatch and Skype — as Xbox Live features exclusive to Gold members.
"I can confirm that Game DVR features will be available to Xbox Live Gold members only," a representative for Microsoft told One Hit Pixel.
Announced during the console's unveiling event in May, the Xbox One's Game DVR feature allows players to record important or impressive moments during the games they play and share them online. Earlier this week, Microsoft's Marc Whitten confirmed Game DVR would capture gameplay at 720p at 30 frames per second.
Update: When reached for comment, a representative from Microsoft confirmed with Polygon that Xbox Live Gold will be required to access the Game DVR feature.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)