SNK Playmore's 2D fighter The King of Fighters 13 may see a release on Windows PC, according to a trailer of the game on Valve's digital distribution service featuring a The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition logo.
Located by Events Hubs' tipsters, the Steam entry "KOF13SE_OP" includes the gameplay trailer and a logo for The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition. The appearance of the trailer follows a Steam database entry for the game that was discovered in March. If released on Steam, the game will join other fighting titles on the service, including Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, which launched on the platform on July 3.
The King of Fighters 13, popular in fighting game tournaments, first launched in Japanese arcades in 2010. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports were later released in North America in 2011. Polygon has reached out to SNK Playmore for further information.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US