SNK Playmore's 2D fighter The King of Fighters 13 may see a release on Windows PC, according to a trailer of the game on Valve's digital distribution service featuring a The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition logo.
Located by Events Hubs' tipsters, the Steam entry "KOF13SE_OP" includes the gameplay trailer and a logo for The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition. The appearance of the trailer follows a Steam database entry for the game that was discovered in March. If released on Steam, the game will join other fighting titles on the service, including Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, which launched on the platform on July 3.
The King of Fighters 13, popular in fighting game tournaments, first launched in Japanese arcades in 2010. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports were later released in North America in 2011. Polygon has reached out to SNK Playmore for further information.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)