SNK Playmore's 2D fighter The King of Fighters 13 may see a release on Windows PC, according to a trailer of the game on Valve's digital distribution service featuring a The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition logo.
Located by Events Hubs' tipsters, the Steam entry "KOF13SE_OP" includes the gameplay trailer and a logo for The King of Fighters 13 Steam Edition. The appearance of the trailer follows a Steam database entry for the game that was discovered in March. If released on Steam, the game will join other fighting titles on the service, including Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, which launched on the platform on July 3.
The King of Fighters 13, popular in fighting game tournaments, first launched in Japanese arcades in 2010. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports were later released in North America in 2011. Polygon has reached out to SNK Playmore for further information.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse