Poppermost Productions' CryEngine 3-powered open world snowboarding and skiing game, Snow, is set for alpha release later this year for Windows PC and will be showcased at Gamescom.
At the moment only skiing is implemented, snowboarding will be integrated once the skiing component is completed. First revealed in 2011, the free-to-play wintersports title features global leaderboards and customizable characters via the in-game store. The store includes items from real-world sporting brands available through mircotransactions; however, the items will not give players a performance edge. Gameplay includes solo and multiplayer events and challenges.
To see the game in action, be sure to check out the gameplay trailer below. The trio of independent developers will be at Gamescom 2013 to showcase Snow. Gamescom 2013 will take place Aug. 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Polygon will be there to bring you all the news from EA, Nintendo, Microsoft, Bethesda and more.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Women in the US game industry made 14 percent less than men in 2013, survey says
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA