Poppermost Productions' CryEngine 3-powered open world snowboarding and skiing game, Snow, is set for alpha release later this year for Windows PC and will be showcased at Gamescom.
At the moment only skiing is implemented, snowboarding will be integrated once the skiing component is completed. First revealed in 2011, the free-to-play wintersports title features global leaderboards and customizable characters via the in-game store. The store includes items from real-world sporting brands available through mircotransactions; however, the items will not give players a performance edge. Gameplay includes solo and multiplayer events and challenges.
To see the game in action, be sure to check out the gameplay trailer below. The trio of independent developers will be at Gamescom 2013 to showcase Snow. Gamescom 2013 will take place Aug. 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Polygon will be there to bring you all the news from EA, Nintendo, Microsoft, Bethesda and more.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!