Poppermost Productions' CryEngine 3-powered open world snowboarding and skiing game, Snow, is set for alpha release later this year for Windows PC and will be showcased at Gamescom.
At the moment only skiing is implemented, snowboarding will be integrated once the skiing component is completed. First revealed in 2011, the free-to-play wintersports title features global leaderboards and customizable characters via the in-game store. The store includes items from real-world sporting brands available through mircotransactions; however, the items will not give players a performance edge. Gameplay includes solo and multiplayer events and challenges.
To see the game in action, be sure to check out the gameplay trailer below. The trio of independent developers will be at Gamescom 2013 to showcase Snow. Gamescom 2013 will take place Aug. 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Polygon will be there to bring you all the news from EA, Nintendo, Microsoft, Bethesda and more.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse