A PlayStation Plus subscription will not be required for PlayStation 4 users to record and stream gameplay, according to a series of tweets from Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida.
In response to a number of fan questions on Twitter regarding the PS4's ability to record and share game content, Yoshida tweeted that these features would not be exclusive to PS Plus members and would be available to all PS4 users.
@jonboi204 no— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) August 8, 2013
@James1o1o all— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) August 8, 2013
@JasonBassant no, thanks :D— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) August 8, 2013
These tweets come on the heels of Microsoft's confirmation yesterday that the Xbox One's Game DVR recording feature, along with Skype and its TV guide and SmartMatch programs, will only be available to players with paid Xbox Live Gold accounts.
Earlier this year, Sony announced PS4 players would be able to record segments of gameplay and share them with friends via the console's social networking features.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Combo Compilation of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?