Below, the new "roguelike-like" from Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP developer Capy Games, will be an Xbox One timed exclusive, the indie studio clarified today. After an unspecified period of time, Capy can bring the game to other platforms.
"Like many games on stage at E3, Below will be available on the Xbox One first," Capy says. "Then, after a period of time, Capy can bring it elsewhere. It's always been this way."
"Working with Microsoft Studios has been great, and they deserve real kudos for putting our dreamy roguelike-inspired game of exploration and discovery in the spotlight at E3," reads a statement from Capy's Nathan Vella and Kris Piotrowski, "and we are certain they'll continue to do more of that going forward. This clarification is about answering our fans, and shouldn't reflect negatively on Microsoft or Xbox One — they've been the biggest Capy supporters out there."
Capy indicates the windowed period of exclusivity is true for side-scrolling shooter Super TIME Force, which is bound for Xbox 360.
"At Capy, our goal has always been simple: Create unique, beautiful video games that we love... and bring them wherever there is an audience (and ideally, a great controller) to play them. This is our goal with Below. This is our goal with Super TIME Force. This will be our goal with whatever crazy idea we do next."
Capy's clarification on the nature of Below's exclusivity hits alongside a new video of the game. The clip, titled "Pause," features the tiny adventurer of Below taking a breather and admiring the clouds overhead. The video is set to the music of songwriter Jim Guthrie, a tune called "You, Me and the Sun Swallowing Sea." Guthrie is once again collaborating with Capy to provide Below's musical score.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)