Terry Cavanagh's spike-filled retro platformer VVVVVV may be en route to PlayStation Vita, according to a tweet from Nicalis' Tyron Rodriguez which shows the 2010 game on Sony's handheld device.
The news — still unconfirmed officially — appeared to catch Cavanagh somewhat by surprise, as the game developer responded to Rodriguez, saying, "Cool, I didn't know this was still happening." Polygon has reached out to Nicalis for confirmation of the PS Vita port and will update with any new information.
VVVVVV was first released for Windows PC and Mac in 2010, with a Linux version released the following year. Nicalis brought the game to Nintendo 3DS in late 2011. Nicalis is also releasing 1001 Spikes for PlayStation Vita.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart