Terry Cavanagh's spike-filled retro platformer VVVVVV may be en route to PlayStation Vita, according to a tweet from Nicalis' Tyron Rodriguez which shows the 2010 game on Sony's handheld device.
The news — still unconfirmed officially — appeared to catch Cavanagh somewhat by surprise, as the game developer responded to Rodriguez, saying, "Cool, I didn't know this was still happening." Polygon has reached out to Nicalis for confirmation of the PS Vita port and will update with any new information.
VVVVVV was first released for Windows PC and Mac in 2010, with a Linux version released the following year. Nicalis brought the game to Nintendo 3DS in late 2011. Nicalis is also releasing 1001 Spikes for PlayStation Vita.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes