Terry Cavanagh's spike-filled retro platformer VVVVVV may be en route to PlayStation Vita, according to a tweet from Nicalis' Tyron Rodriguez which shows the 2010 game on Sony's handheld device.
The news — still unconfirmed officially — appeared to catch Cavanagh somewhat by surprise, as the game developer responded to Rodriguez, saying, "Cool, I didn't know this was still happening." Polygon has reached out to Nicalis for confirmation of the PS Vita port and will update with any new information.
VVVVVV was first released for Windows PC and Mac in 2010, with a Linux version released the following year. Nicalis brought the game to Nintendo 3DS in late 2011. Nicalis is also releasing 1001 Spikes for PlayStation Vita.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade
- Where to buy?