Terry Cavanagh's spike-filled retro platformer VVVVVV may be en route to PlayStation Vita, according to a tweet from Nicalis' Tyron Rodriguez which shows the 2010 game on Sony's handheld device.
The news — still unconfirmed officially — appeared to catch Cavanagh somewhat by surprise, as the game developer responded to Rodriguez, saying, "Cool, I didn't know this was still happening." Polygon has reached out to Nicalis for confirmation of the PS Vita port and will update with any new information.
VVVVVV was first released for Windows PC and Mac in 2010, with a Linux version released the following year. Nicalis brought the game to Nintendo 3DS in late 2011. Nicalis is also releasing 1001 Spikes for PlayStation Vita.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!