The roll call of voice talent for Double Fine's Kickstarter-funded point-and-click adventure Broken Age stars Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Richard Horvitz and more, Double Fine revealed today.
Actor Jack Black (Brütal Legend, School of Rock) will feature in a cameo while Jennifer Hale (Brütal Legend, Mass Effect, Metal Gear) will take on a featured role. Voice talent featured in past Double Fine games return for Broken Age, such as Richard Horvitz (Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Invader Zim), Nick Jameson (Psychonauts, Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle). They will be joined by Grey Delisle (Brütal Legend, Batman: Arkham City) and Cree Summer (Brütal Legend, Diablo 3), who previously starred alongside each other in Double Fine games and Star Craft 2.
"We have been so lucky over the last 13 years to work with the best actors in the industry, and now we're calling them back for a kind of family reunion," Double Fine's voice director Khris Brown, who has worked on every Schafer game to date, said in a statement. "It's like a big, Thanksgiving dinner, except everything's being recorded. And everyone you're related to is a super-talented actor. And the food's really healthy because you're in LA."
The first half of Broken Age is slated to launch via Steam Early Access in January 2014, followed by the second portion in spring. It will launch in full on Windows PC, Mac and Linux, iOS and Android devices at an unannounced date. An eventual Ouya port is also planned.
"I could not be more excited about being reunited with Jack, Jennifer, Richard, Nick, Grey, and Cree for Broken Age," Double Fine's Tim Schafer said in a statement. "The early voice sessions have been amazing, and we're not even done yet!"
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?