The roll call of voice talent for Double Fine's Kickstarter-funded point-and-click adventure Broken Age stars Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Richard Horvitz and more, Double Fine revealed today.
Actor Jack Black (Brütal Legend, School of Rock) will feature in a cameo while Jennifer Hale (Brütal Legend, Mass Effect, Metal Gear) will take on a featured role. Voice talent featured in past Double Fine games return for Broken Age, such as Richard Horvitz (Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Invader Zim), Nick Jameson (Psychonauts, Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle). They will be joined by Grey Delisle (Brütal Legend, Batman: Arkham City) and Cree Summer (Brütal Legend, Diablo 3), who previously starred alongside each other in Double Fine games and Star Craft 2.
"We have been so lucky over the last 13 years to work with the best actors in the industry, and now we're calling them back for a kind of family reunion," Double Fine's voice director Khris Brown, who has worked on every Schafer game to date, said in a statement. "It's like a big, Thanksgiving dinner, except everything's being recorded. And everyone you're related to is a super-talented actor. And the food's really healthy because you're in LA."
The first half of Broken Age is slated to launch via Steam Early Access in January 2014, followed by the second portion in spring. It will launch in full on Windows PC, Mac and Linux, iOS and Android devices at an unannounced date. An eventual Ouya port is also planned.
"I could not be more excited about being reunited with Jack, Jennifer, Richard, Nick, Grey, and Cree for Broken Age," Double Fine's Tim Schafer said in a statement. "The early voice sessions have been amazing, and we're not even done yet!"
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward