The roll call of voice talent for Double Fine's Kickstarter-funded point-and-click adventure Broken Age stars Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Richard Horvitz and more, Double Fine revealed today.
Actor Jack Black (Brütal Legend, School of Rock) will feature in a cameo while Jennifer Hale (Brütal Legend, Mass Effect, Metal Gear) will take on a featured role. Voice talent featured in past Double Fine games return for Broken Age, such as Richard Horvitz (Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Invader Zim), Nick Jameson (Psychonauts, Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle). They will be joined by Grey Delisle (Brütal Legend, Batman: Arkham City) and Cree Summer (Brütal Legend, Diablo 3), who previously starred alongside each other in Double Fine games and Star Craft 2.
"We have been so lucky over the last 13 years to work with the best actors in the industry, and now we're calling them back for a kind of family reunion," Double Fine's voice director Khris Brown, who has worked on every Schafer game to date, said in a statement. "It's like a big, Thanksgiving dinner, except everything's being recorded. And everyone you're related to is a super-talented actor. And the food's really healthy because you're in LA."
The first half of Broken Age is slated to launch via Steam Early Access in January 2014, followed by the second portion in spring. It will launch in full on Windows PC, Mac and Linux, iOS and Android devices at an unannounced date. An eventual Ouya port is also planned.
"I could not be more excited about being reunited with Jack, Jennifer, Richard, Nick, Grey, and Cree for Broken Age," Double Fine's Tim Schafer said in a statement. "The early voice sessions have been amazing, and we're not even done yet!"
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Titanfall live-action adaptation coming
- When a successful game is a failure
- Microsoft remains 'extremely committed' to Xbox, says Phil Spencer
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Nintendo Wii U, 3DS eShops to undergo extended maintenance March 13
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?