The development team at Starbreeze Studios that created The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, the 2004 action/stealth game for Xbox and Windows PC, is back together and developing a third game in the series, Vin Diesel told Screen Crush in a recent interview.
"We just, over the past couple of months — just this year — reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game," Diesel said.
Escape from Butcher Bay was followed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which also included an upgraded version of Escape. It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Former members of Starbreeze formed MachineGames in 2009 and are now working on a new Wolfenstein game.
Diesel also said that a Riddick app is headed to iOS for iPad. The latest film in the sci-fi franchise, Riddick, opened last Friday and was the highest-grossing film of the week, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible