The development team at Starbreeze Studios that created The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, the 2004 action/stealth game for Xbox and Windows PC, is back together and developing a third game in the series, Vin Diesel told Screen Crush in a recent interview.
"We just, over the past couple of months — just this year — reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game," Diesel said.
Escape from Butcher Bay was followed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which also included an upgraded version of Escape. It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Former members of Starbreeze formed MachineGames in 2009 and are now working on a new Wolfenstein game.
Diesel also said that a Riddick app is headed to iOS for iPad. The latest film in the sci-fi franchise, Riddick, opened last Friday and was the highest-grossing film of the week, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Game development