The development team at Starbreeze Studios that created The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, the 2004 action/stealth game for Xbox and Windows PC, is back together and developing a third game in the series, Vin Diesel told Screen Crush in a recent interview.
"We just, over the past couple of months — just this year — reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game," Diesel said.
Escape from Butcher Bay was followed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which also included an upgraded version of Escape. It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Former members of Starbreeze formed MachineGames in 2009 and are now working on a new Wolfenstein game.
Diesel also said that a Riddick app is headed to iOS for iPad. The latest film in the sci-fi franchise, Riddick, opened last Friday and was the highest-grossing film of the week, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1