The development team at Starbreeze Studios that created The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, the 2004 action/stealth game for Xbox and Windows PC, is back together and developing a third game in the series, Vin Diesel told Screen Crush in a recent interview.
"We just, over the past couple of months — just this year — reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game," Diesel said.
Escape from Butcher Bay was followed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which also included an upgraded version of Escape. It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Former members of Starbreeze formed MachineGames in 2009 and are now working on a new Wolfenstein game.
Diesel also said that a Riddick app is headed to iOS for iPad. The latest film in the sci-fi franchise, Riddick, opened last Friday and was the highest-grossing film of the week, according to Box Office Mojo.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story