The development team at Starbreeze Studios that created The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, the 2004 action/stealth game for Xbox and Windows PC, is back together and developing a third game in the series, Vin Diesel told Screen Crush in a recent interview.
"We just, over the past couple of months — just this year — reassembled that team from Starbreeze that brought Escape from Butcher Bay to create the third game," Diesel said.
Escape from Butcher Bay was followed by The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which also included an upgraded version of Escape. It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Former members of Starbreeze formed MachineGames in 2009 and are now working on a new Wolfenstein game.
Diesel also said that a Riddick app is headed to iOS for iPad. The latest film in the sci-fi franchise, Riddick, opened last Friday and was the highest-grossing film of the week, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite