Capcom Vancouver's upcoming installment in the Dead Rising series, Dead Rising 3, will feature a world map that's bigger than the first two games combined, according to a report by the Financial Post.
The studio estimates users will use vehicles to traverse the map 50 percent of the time because of its size, and unlike its predecessor Dead Rising 3 won't include loading screens between areas.
"We don't have the luxury of putting up a load screen," said technical art director Liam Gilbride.
"We made that decision early on. So that became a big part of our decision making process. We kept have to ask ‘How can we make this seamless?' while still getting all of the data that we needed to get in ... But it really hurt the user experience in DR2, hitting that load screen over and over and we wanted the world to feel bigger."
Dead Rising 3 is slated for a holiday 2013 release on Xbox One, which will launch Nov. 22 in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S. You can check out a recent gameplay trailer to see the next-gen zombie destruction.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN