Capcom Vancouver's upcoming installment in the Dead Rising series, Dead Rising 3, will feature a world map that's bigger than the first two games combined, according to a report by the Financial Post.
The studio estimates users will use vehicles to traverse the map 50 percent of the time because of its size, and unlike its predecessor Dead Rising 3 won't include loading screens between areas.
"We don't have the luxury of putting up a load screen," said technical art director Liam Gilbride.
"We made that decision early on. So that became a big part of our decision making process. We kept have to ask ‘How can we make this seamless?' while still getting all of the data that we needed to get in ... But it really hurt the user experience in DR2, hitting that load screen over and over and we wanted the world to feel bigger."
Dead Rising 3 is slated for a holiday 2013 release on Xbox One, which will launch Nov. 22 in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S. You can check out a recent gameplay trailer to see the next-gen zombie destruction.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?