Capcom Vancouver's upcoming installment in the Dead Rising series, Dead Rising 3, will feature a world map that's bigger than the first two games combined, according to a report by the Financial Post.
The studio estimates users will use vehicles to traverse the map 50 percent of the time because of its size, and unlike its predecessor Dead Rising 3 won't include loading screens between areas.
"We don't have the luxury of putting up a load screen," said technical art director Liam Gilbride.
"We made that decision early on. So that became a big part of our decision making process. We kept have to ask ‘How can we make this seamless?' while still getting all of the data that we needed to get in ... But it really hurt the user experience in DR2, hitting that load screen over and over and we wanted the world to feel bigger."
Dead Rising 3 is slated for a holiday 2013 release on Xbox One, which will launch Nov. 22 in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S. You can check out a recent gameplay trailer to see the next-gen zombie destruction.
- XBOne Classifieds
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick