The GameStick, PlayJam's Android-based micro-console, will go on sale at GameStop, GAME and Amazon on Oct. 29, company CEO Jasper Smith announced this morning.
There will be additional retail stores added in Canada, Europe and the Middle East prior to the end of the year holiday season, he added. Kickstarter backers who still haven't received their units will get them by the end of this month, Smith said.
"While to myself and the team at PlayJam the journey seems longer, we have in fact come a significant way in a very short period of time with GameStick," Smith said in a prepared statement. "The challenge of bringing affordable gaming to the big screen has always sat at the heart of everything we do and GameStick represents a huge step forward in reaching that goal. We're extremely proud of what we have achieved and look forward to families getting their hands on devices in the run up to Christmas."
Shipments of the device to Kickstarter backers started in late August. For more information about the Android-operated device, which will sell for $79.99 in the U.S. and £79.99 in the UK, check out our hands-on preview.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?