New on Kickstarter is Blood Alloy, a 2D Metroidvania shooter with a deeply '80s dystopia vibe.
Currently being developed for Windows PC, Mac, and Ouya, its creator, Boston-based Suppressive Fire Games, says the game is inspired by "the combat mechanics of Dark Souls, as applied to gunplay, and the dynamic speed of Vanquish."
Blood Alloy features a female protagonist who has been wholly cyber-cized by mysterious enemies. Leaping, firing, blocking and jet-packs ensue. According to its Kickstarter page, the game will feature "non-linear exploration with optional pathways, hub areas, shortcut creation and discovery, and tons of secrets." Suppressive Fire Games is seeking $50,000.
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story