New on Kickstarter is Blood Alloy, a 2D Metroidvania shooter with a deeply '80s dystopia vibe.
Currently being developed for Windows PC, Mac, and Ouya, its creator, Boston-based Suppressive Fire Games, says the game is inspired by "the combat mechanics of Dark Souls, as applied to gunplay, and the dynamic speed of Vanquish."
Blood Alloy features a female protagonist who has been wholly cyber-cized by mysterious enemies. Leaping, firing, blocking and jet-packs ensue. According to its Kickstarter page, the game will feature "non-linear exploration with optional pathways, hub areas, shortcut creation and discovery, and tons of secrets." Suppressive Fire Games is seeking $50,000.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"