New on Kickstarter is Blood Alloy, a 2D Metroidvania shooter with a deeply '80s dystopia vibe.
Currently being developed for Windows PC, Mac, and Ouya, its creator, Boston-based Suppressive Fire Games, says the game is inspired by "the combat mechanics of Dark Souls, as applied to gunplay, and the dynamic speed of Vanquish."
Blood Alloy features a female protagonist who has been wholly cyber-cized by mysterious enemies. Leaping, firing, blocking and jet-packs ensue. According to its Kickstarter page, the game will feature "non-linear exploration with optional pathways, hub areas, shortcut creation and discovery, and tons of secrets." Suppressive Fire Games is seeking $50,000.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward