New on Kickstarter is Blood Alloy, a 2D Metroidvania shooter with a deeply '80s dystopia vibe.
Currently being developed for Windows PC, Mac, and Ouya, its creator, Boston-based Suppressive Fire Games, says the game is inspired by "the combat mechanics of Dark Souls, as applied to gunplay, and the dynamic speed of Vanquish."
Blood Alloy features a female protagonist who has been wholly cyber-cized by mysterious enemies. Leaping, firing, blocking and jet-packs ensue. According to its Kickstarter page, the game will feature "non-linear exploration with optional pathways, hub areas, shortcut creation and discovery, and tons of secrets." Suppressive Fire Games is seeking $50,000.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible