PlayStation 3 owners waiting to play the PlayStation Network version of Grand Theft Auto 5 now know exactly when they can start pre-loading the game files from the PlayStation Store.
Rockstar Games confirmed in a tweet that PSN pre-order customers in Europe will be able to begin downloading the game as of 3 p.m. British Summer Time on Sunday, Sept. 15. North American PSN users will have to wait until 3 a.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 16. Because Microsoft's Games on Demand program doesn't support launch-day digital releases, Grand Theft Auto 5 won't be available through the Xbox Games Store when the game launches Sept. 17.
Sony and its Day 1 Digital pre-order program came under fire last month when some European PSN users were able to download an early version of Grand Theft Auto 5 and leak details such as the game's entire soundtrack. Sony later apologized for the mistake.
For more on Grand Theft Auto 5, check out our recent interview with Rockstar creative director Dan Houser. Our review will go live at 10 a.m. EDT Sept. 16.
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- Sony ending PlayStation Home service in Japan and Asia in 2015
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League