PlayStation 3 owners waiting to play the PlayStation Network version of Grand Theft Auto 5 now know exactly when they can start pre-loading the game files from the PlayStation Store.
Rockstar Games confirmed in a tweet that PSN pre-order customers in Europe will be able to begin downloading the game as of 3 p.m. British Summer Time on Sunday, Sept. 15. North American PSN users will have to wait until 3 a.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 16. Because Microsoft's Games on Demand program doesn't support launch-day digital releases, Grand Theft Auto 5 won't be available through the Xbox Games Store when the game launches Sept. 17.
Sony and its Day 1 Digital pre-order program came under fire last month when some European PSN users were able to download an early version of Grand Theft Auto 5 and leak details such as the game's entire soundtrack. Sony later apologized for the mistake.
For more on Grand Theft Auto 5, check out our recent interview with Rockstar creative director Dan Houser. Our review will go live at 10 a.m. EDT Sept. 16.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?