Sony Online Entertainment is launching "Operation: Make Faster Game" in order to increase PlanetSide 2's framerate and more, technical director Ryan Elam announced via the game's forums.
According to Elam, the "core game" of PlanetSide 2 is already there, and the team will now have time to implement bigger changes to the title. This includes restructuring the game's physics, retooling the overhead manager, optimizing user interface and more.
"What you're going to get at the end of this is a serious, noticeable increase in frame rate, plus some ancillary benefits that are capable as a result of some of these architectural advances," Elam wrote. "Every single member of the team, no joke, is actively looking for and implementing ways to make the game faster so we can deliver a better gameplay experience to you."
For more on PlanetSide 2's upcoming changes, check out the full post.
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon