Sony Online Entertainment is launching "Operation: Make Faster Game" in order to increase PlanetSide 2's framerate and more, technical director Ryan Elam announced via the game's forums.
According to Elam, the "core game" of PlanetSide 2 is already there, and the team will now have time to implement bigger changes to the title. This includes restructuring the game's physics, retooling the overhead manager, optimizing user interface and more.
"What you're going to get at the end of this is a serious, noticeable increase in frame rate, plus some ancillary benefits that are capable as a result of some of these architectural advances," Elam wrote. "Every single member of the team, no joke, is actively looking for and implementing ways to make the game faster so we can deliver a better gameplay experience to you."
For more on PlanetSide 2's upcoming changes, check out the full post.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible