Sony Online Entertainment is launching "Operation: Make Faster Game" in order to increase PlanetSide 2's framerate and more, technical director Ryan Elam announced via the game's forums.
According to Elam, the "core game" of PlanetSide 2 is already there, and the team will now have time to implement bigger changes to the title. This includes restructuring the game's physics, retooling the overhead manager, optimizing user interface and more.
"What you're going to get at the end of this is a serious, noticeable increase in frame rate, plus some ancillary benefits that are capable as a result of some of these architectural advances," Elam wrote. "Every single member of the team, no joke, is actively looking for and implementing ways to make the game faster so we can deliver a better gameplay experience to you."
For more on PlanetSide 2's upcoming changes, check out the full post.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?