Sony Online Entertainment is launching "Operation: Make Faster Game" in order to increase PlanetSide 2's framerate and more, technical director Ryan Elam announced via the game's forums.
According to Elam, the "core game" of PlanetSide 2 is already there, and the team will now have time to implement bigger changes to the title. This includes restructuring the game's physics, retooling the overhead manager, optimizing user interface and more.
"What you're going to get at the end of this is a serious, noticeable increase in frame rate, plus some ancillary benefits that are capable as a result of some of these architectural advances," Elam wrote. "Every single member of the team, no joke, is actively looking for and implementing ways to make the game faster so we can deliver a better gameplay experience to you."
For more on PlanetSide 2's upcoming changes, check out the full post.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)