Digital Foundry has discovered a workaround to the Grand Theft Auto 5 bug that causes lag when the second disc is installed to an Xbox 360 console.
The video above illustrates the problem: On the left is the game's opening running on a console with the game installed to the internal hard drive. On the right is a console operating with Digital Foundry's solution to the problem: Install the first disc to the hard drive as directed, but install the second disc to a USB thumb drive.
Results, says Digital Foundry, will depend on the USB drive's speed.
In Polygon's official review, we found GTA 5 a fitting bridge to the next generation that wasn't without its issues.
Update: While some users reported success with an 8GB USB drive, it is recommended to use a 16GB drive if possible.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart