Digital Foundry has discovered a workaround to the Grand Theft Auto 5 bug that causes lag when the second disc is installed to an Xbox 360 console.
The video above illustrates the problem: On the left is the game's opening running on a console with the game installed to the internal hard drive. On the right is a console operating with Digital Foundry's solution to the problem: Install the first disc to the hard drive as directed, but install the second disc to a USB thumb drive.
Results, says Digital Foundry, will depend on the USB drive's speed.
In Polygon's official review, we found GTA 5 a fitting bridge to the next generation that wasn't without its issues.
Update: While some users reported success with an 8GB USB drive, it is recommended to use a 16GB drive if possible.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?