Digital Foundry has discovered a workaround to the Grand Theft Auto 5 bug that causes lag when the second disc is installed to an Xbox 360 console.
The video above illustrates the problem: On the left is the game's opening running on a console with the game installed to the internal hard drive. On the right is a console operating with Digital Foundry's solution to the problem: Install the first disc to the hard drive as directed, but install the second disc to a USB thumb drive.
Results, says Digital Foundry, will depend on the USB drive's speed.
In Polygon's official review, we found GTA 5 a fitting bridge to the next generation that wasn't without its issues.
Update: While some users reported success with an 8GB USB drive, it is recommended to use a 16GB drive if possible.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds