Digital Foundry has discovered a workaround to the Grand Theft Auto 5 bug that causes lag when the second disc is installed to an Xbox 360 console.
The video above illustrates the problem: On the left is the game's opening running on a console with the game installed to the internal hard drive. On the right is a console operating with Digital Foundry's solution to the problem: Install the first disc to the hard drive as directed, but install the second disc to a USB thumb drive.
Results, says Digital Foundry, will depend on the USB drive's speed.
In Polygon's official review, we found GTA 5 a fitting bridge to the next generation that wasn't without its issues.
Update: While some users reported success with an 8GB USB drive, it is recommended to use a 16GB drive if possible.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?