Digital Foundry has discovered a workaround to the Grand Theft Auto 5 bug that causes lag when the second disc is installed to an Xbox 360 console.
The video above illustrates the problem: On the left is the game's opening running on a console with the game installed to the internal hard drive. On the right is a console operating with Digital Foundry's solution to the problem: Install the first disc to the hard drive as directed, but install the second disc to a USB thumb drive.
Results, says Digital Foundry, will depend on the USB drive's speed.
In Polygon's official review, we found GTA 5 a fitting bridge to the next generation that wasn't without its issues.
Update: While some users reported success with an 8GB USB drive, it is recommended to use a 16GB drive if possible.
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant