Namco Bandai will release the console versions of Dark Souls 2 on March 11, 2014 in North America, the publisher announced at a pre-Tokyo Game Show event. In Europe, the game will be released a few days later on March 14 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
A Windows PC version of the game is due "shortly thereafter," Namco Bandai reps said, pegging the unspecified delay on the desire to create a quality PC version of the game.
Dark Souls 2 will be available in a "Black Armor Edition" to those who pre-order the game. That version comes in a metal case and includes a copy of the game and the Dark Souls 2 official soundtrack on CD. A deluxe collector's edition is also being released featuring a 12 inch figurine (based on the warrior character seen on the game's box art and debut trailer), an art book, a cloth map of the game world and the contents of the "Black Armor Edition."
Pricing for the collector's edition was not announced.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Getting a PS4
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?