Namco Bandai will release the console versions of Dark Souls 2 on March 11, 2014 in North America, the publisher announced at a pre-Tokyo Game Show event. In Europe, the game will be released a few days later on March 14 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
A Windows PC version of the game is due "shortly thereafter," Namco Bandai reps said, pegging the unspecified delay on the desire to create a quality PC version of the game.
Dark Souls 2 will be available in a "Black Armor Edition" to those who pre-order the game. That version comes in a metal case and includes a copy of the game and the Dark Souls 2 official soundtrack on CD. A deluxe collector's edition is also being released featuring a 12 inch figurine (based on the warrior character seen on the game's box art and debut trailer), an art book, a cloth map of the game world and the contents of the "Black Armor Edition."
Pricing for the collector's edition was not announced.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- A look back on Harvest Moon, the unlikely console farming simulator
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions