Namco Bandai will release the console versions of Dark Souls 2 on March 11, 2014 in North America, the publisher announced at a pre-Tokyo Game Show event. In Europe, the game will be released a few days later on March 14 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
A Windows PC version of the game is due "shortly thereafter," Namco Bandai reps said, pegging the unspecified delay on the desire to create a quality PC version of the game.
Dark Souls 2 will be available in a "Black Armor Edition" to those who pre-order the game. That version comes in a metal case and includes a copy of the game and the Dark Souls 2 official soundtrack on CD. A deluxe collector's edition is also being released featuring a 12 inch figurine (based on the warrior character seen on the game's box art and debut trailer), an art book, a cloth map of the game world and the contents of the "Black Armor Edition."
Pricing for the collector's edition was not announced.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy