Microsoft is looking into hundreds of potential TV concepts for Xbox One, beyond the already revealed Halo spin-off, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Bloomberg during this year's TGS event in Japan.
"They have literally hundreds of ideas that they are incubating right now," said Spencer, referring to the company's new the LA studio. "We will have some new announcement for TV shows coming pretty soon."
This will include shows dedicated to international sports, which Spencer states the companies believes to be "a very interesting category globally."
Earlier in May, Microsoft revealed director Steven Spielberg will be behind an upcoming Xbox One TV series based on the Halo franchise. Spencer previously told Polygon: "I think much like Halo begat the Xbox," he said, "I think the Halo TV series can have a pretty dramatic impact on how people think about television."
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?