Microsoft is looking into hundreds of potential TV concepts for Xbox One, beyond the already revealed Halo spin-off, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Bloomberg during this year's TGS event in Japan.
"They have literally hundreds of ideas that they are incubating right now," said Spencer, referring to the company's new the LA studio. "We will have some new announcement for TV shows coming pretty soon."
This will include shows dedicated to international sports, which Spencer states the companies believes to be "a very interesting category globally."
Earlier in May, Microsoft revealed director Steven Spielberg will be behind an upcoming Xbox One TV series based on the Halo franchise. Spencer previously told Polygon: "I think much like Halo begat the Xbox," he said, "I think the Halo TV series can have a pretty dramatic impact on how people think about television."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Destiny beta returns a day early, now available for Xbox players
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What worlds will we explore in Destiny?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4