Microsoft is looking into hundreds of potential TV concepts for Xbox One, beyond the already revealed Halo spin-off, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Bloomberg during this year's TGS event in Japan.
"They have literally hundreds of ideas that they are incubating right now," said Spencer, referring to the company's new the LA studio. "We will have some new announcement for TV shows coming pretty soon."
This will include shows dedicated to international sports, which Spencer states the companies believes to be "a very interesting category globally."
Earlier in May, Microsoft revealed director Steven Spielberg will be behind an upcoming Xbox One TV series based on the Halo franchise. Spencer previously told Polygon: "I think much like Halo begat the Xbox," he said, "I think the Halo TV series can have a pretty dramatic impact on how people think about television."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)