Microsoft is looking into hundreds of potential TV concepts for Xbox One, beyond the already revealed Halo spin-off, Microsoft Studios head Phil Spencer told Bloomberg during this year's TGS event in Japan.
"They have literally hundreds of ideas that they are incubating right now," said Spencer, referring to the company's new the LA studio. "We will have some new announcement for TV shows coming pretty soon."
This will include shows dedicated to international sports, which Spencer states the companies believes to be "a very interesting category globally."
Earlier in May, Microsoft revealed director Steven Spielberg will be behind an upcoming Xbox One TV series based on the Halo franchise. Spencer previously told Polygon: "I think much like Halo begat the Xbox," he said, "I think the Halo TV series can have a pretty dramatic impact on how people think about television."
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds