Disc-based retail versions of DuckTales Remastered will be available Nov. 12 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U for $19.99, publisher Capcom announced today.
It will be the first physical retail release of a DuckTales game in 20 years; DuckTales 2 launched on NES and Game Boy in 1993. Capcom did release a "hyper-limited" run of DuckTales Remastered on PS3 at retail in the U.S. last month, but that box included no disc — only a download code for the PlayStation Network version of the game.
DuckTales Remastered, developed by WayForward Technologies, is already available digitally through PSN, Xbox Games Store, Wii U eShop and Steam. When asked if the Windows PC version will be released on disc, a Capcom representative told Polygon, "At this time, there are no plans to have a disc-based PC version of DuckTales Remastered."
You can check out the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U box art for DuckTales Remastered in the gallery below, and read our review of the remade platformer here.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down