The Steam Greenlight listing for Ghosts 'n Goblins Online by Korean developer Seed 9 Games was "wrongly posted" and has since been taken down, Capcom told Polygon this morning.
A representative for the company confirmed that the game's Greenlight page had been removed. They stated there are currently no plans for a western release for Ghosts 'n Goblins Online, which launched in select Asian territories last year.
"The Steam Greeenlight page for Ghosts ‘n Goblins Online that went live yesterday was wrongly posted by the game's Korean developer, Seed 9, and the page has now been removed," the representative said. "Ghosts ‘n Goblins was released last year in Korea, China and Taiwan and currently there are no plans for the title to be released in Europe or North America."
Early yesterday morning the page for Ghosts 'n Goblins Online appeared on Steam Greenlight, boasting player-versus-player features and an additional higher-level area for players seeking to test themselves against the original game's difficulty.
Polygon has reached out to Capcom to clarify how the posting error was made and what, if any, plans the company has for the title. We will share more details as we receive them.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer