Two new Japanese trailers for Yakuza Restoration, the next title in the Yakuza franchise, show off the game's story and gameplay.
Yakuza Ishin, translated in English as Yakuza Restoration, was announced in Japan last month. The game stars Sakamoto Ryoma, a character based on a real-life figure born into a low-rank samurai clan, and is described as a "side story" from the main series. Watch the trailer above for a glimpse at the game's story. The trailer below features battles and more; check it out to see Ryoma tear through enemies with ease.
The game is expected to launch for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 Feb. 22, 2014 in Japan. Yakuza Restoration will also feature cross-platform play and a PlayStation Vita release. A North American release date has not yet been announced.
In This StoryStream
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)