Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 4, will allow video capture of games over HDMI, the company announced during its Tokyo Game Show 2013 keynote today.
Brad Douglas, head of third-party relations for Sony Computer Entertainment, followed up the announcement on Twitter, saying "Details will follow soon." Douglas confirmed the news with Polygon today.
Sony home console division president Masayasu Ito announced during the keynote speech that PlayStation Network users on PS4 will be able to identify themselves using their real name. According to Ito, the move is to encourage casual gamers to join the PSN community.
The PS4 will launch in North America on Nov. 15, and in Europe on Nov. 29. Beginning December this year, the PS4 will roll out to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore. The next-gen console will launch in Japan on Feb. 22, 2014.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade
- Where to buy?