Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 4, will allow video capture of games over HDMI, the company announced during its Tokyo Game Show 2013 keynote today.
Brad Douglas, head of third-party relations for Sony Computer Entertainment, followed up the announcement on Twitter, saying "Details will follow soon." Douglas confirmed the news with Polygon today.
Sony home console division president Masayasu Ito announced during the keynote speech that PlayStation Network users on PS4 will be able to identify themselves using their real name. According to Ito, the move is to encourage casual gamers to join the PSN community.
The PS4 will launch in North America on Nov. 15, and in Europe on Nov. 29. Beginning December this year, the PS4 will roll out to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea and Singapore. The next-gen console will launch in Japan on Feb. 22, 2014.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition