The first expansion to SimCity is called Cities of Tomorrow and will be released Nov. 12 for Mac and Windows PC, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
You can take your first glance at the future of SimCity in the image above. The expansion take place 50 years in the future and adds a slew of new options for players.
"Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism?" asked Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner in the press release. "With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We're giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?"
You can check out the official Cities of Tomorrow trailer below.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- How to lose a game of Stronghold Crusader 2
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?