The first expansion to SimCity is called Cities of Tomorrow and will be released Nov. 12 for Mac and Windows PC, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
You can take your first glance at the future of SimCity in the image above. The expansion take place 50 years in the future and adds a slew of new options for players.
"Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism?" asked Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner in the press release. "With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We're giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?"
You can check out the official Cities of Tomorrow trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)