The first expansion to SimCity is called Cities of Tomorrow and will be released Nov. 12 for Mac and Windows PC, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
You can take your first glance at the future of SimCity in the image above. The expansion take place 50 years in the future and adds a slew of new options for players.
"Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism?" asked Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner in the press release. "With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We're giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?"
You can check out the official Cities of Tomorrow trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite