The first expansion to SimCity is called Cities of Tomorrow and will be released Nov. 12 for Mac and Windows PC, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
You can take your first glance at the future of SimCity in the image above. The expansion take place 50 years in the future and adds a slew of new options for players.
"Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism?" asked Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner in the press release. "With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We're giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?"
You can check out the official Cities of Tomorrow trailer below.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)