The first expansion to SimCity is called Cities of Tomorrow and will be released Nov. 12 for Mac and Windows PC, according to a press release from publisher Electronic Arts.
You can take your first glance at the future of SimCity in the image above. The expansion take place 50 years in the future and adds a slew of new options for players.
"Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism?" asked Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner in the press release. "With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We're giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?"
You can check out the official Cities of Tomorrow trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)