Sony detailed today how those who buy PlayStation 3 versions of select games will be able to also pick up the PlayStation 4 versions at the discounted price of $9.99.
The company announced at Gamescom this year that anyone who buys the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch Dogs or Battlefield 4 will have the option of also downloading the PS4 version when it is available at the discounted price. Today, it provided step-by-step instructions on how players can redeem their PS4 copy of the games.
If players buy the PS3 version of the games in disc form, each disc will come with a code that can be used on the PlayStation Store. When the PS4 version of the game becomes available, users will be able to buy the game at a discounted price on the PlayStation Store using this code. Sony notes that the PS3 disc will need to be inserted into the PS4 to play the game every time.
Those who buy the PS3 games digitally will not need to redeem a code. Instead, when the PS4 launches, the PlayStation Store will already show the PS4 versions in the PlayStation Store at the discounted price.
For detailed instructions on this process, visit the PlayStation Blog.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake