Sony detailed today how those who buy PlayStation 3 versions of select games will be able to also pick up the PlayStation 4 versions at the discounted price of $9.99.
The company announced at Gamescom this year that anyone who buys the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch Dogs or Battlefield 4 will have the option of also downloading the PS4 version when it is available at the discounted price. Today, it provided step-by-step instructions on how players can redeem their PS4 copy of the games.
If players buy the PS3 version of the games in disc form, each disc will come with a code that can be used on the PlayStation Store. When the PS4 version of the game becomes available, users will be able to buy the game at a discounted price on the PlayStation Store using this code. Sony notes that the PS3 disc will need to be inserted into the PS4 to play the game every time.
Those who buy the PS3 games digitally will not need to redeem a code. Instead, when the PS4 launches, the PlayStation Store will already show the PS4 versions in the PlayStation Store at the discounted price.
For detailed instructions on this process, visit the PlayStation Blog.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?