Ronimo Games' Kickstarter campaign for Awesomenauts'Sandstorm expansion ended yesterday with $345,835, well over its $125,000 funding goal.
Funding at nearly three times its initial goal allowed the developer to add several stretch goals, an overview of which appeared in a Kickstarter blog post yesterday.
"The last thirty days have been amazing, and when we set off on this adventure we never expected that this is where we'd end up," the developer. "Over the last few weeks, you have donated close to $400,000 to fund the development of Awesomenauts: Starstorm! In the upcoming months, we'll be working on many new features, including the infinite spectator mode, an expansive replays feature, 4 all-new Awesomenauts, a new map, new announcers, and custom games. Thank you so much for all your support, you've really helped us bring Awesomenauts to a whole new level!"
Ronimo launched the Kickstarter campaign in mid-August, hoping to raise funds to add new characters, game modes and other features to the 2D battle arena. Awesomenauts' Starstorm expansion is estimated to be released in beta form for Linux, Mac and Windows PC "around October," according to the Kickstarter page.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode