Sony Computer Entertainment sent out prototypes of the PlayStation 4's DualShock 4 controller to major first-person shooter creators before it arrived at the peripheral's final design, Sony's Mark Cerny told IGN.
According to Cerny, Sony's many controller prototypes were tested with consumers, but they were also tested with developers to determine what the best design would be for certain kinds of games.
"We sent out prototypes to major FPS creators," Cerny said in the interview. "We looked at the top-selling titles — if they were people we could talk to, we began sending over a stream of controllers. And we would ask them things like concavity or convexity, or trigger pressure, or trigger location or accuracy or the like.
"It was extremely helpful to have the designers of some of the top FPSes on our controller design project."
The PlayStation 4 launches in North America on Nov. 15 and in Europe on Nov. 29.
More from Polygon
- remedy for black magic in London +91-9950211818
- mantra of vashikaran in england +91-9950211818
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- voodoo magic astrology in south africa +91-9950211818
- Online Vashikaran baba ji in nagaland+91-9950211818
- World Famous Astrologer in america +91-9950211818
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta