WWE 2K14 publisher 2K Sports revealed more matches from the game's 30 Years of WrestleMania mode today, announcing the third of the mode's five periods, the Attitude Era.
2K Sports pulled four matches from that late-'90s/early-2000s heyday of wrestling, which previous WWE publisher THQ highlighted last year with a specific mode in WWE '13. Two of them feature Stone Cold Steve Austin and the game's cover star, The Rock; here's the list:
- WrestleMania XIV: The Undertaker vs. Kane (with Paul Bearer)
- WrestleMania XV: The Rock (c) vs. Steve Austin
- WrestleMania 2000 (WrestleMania XVI): Triple H (c) vs. The Rock vs. Big Show vs. Mick Foley
- WrestleMania X-Seven (WrestleMania XVII): The Rock (c) vs. Steve Austin
Even with two of the four bouts being identical matchups, there's still good variety in the array of wrestlers featured in this segment of the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode. And the four-way elimination match for the WWE Championship from WrestleMania 2000 had plenty of extracurricular activities, so it'll be fun to see how that plays out in WWE 2K14.
For more on the 30 Years of WrestleMania mode, check out our detailed preview; you can also see one screenshot from each of the matches revealed today in the gallery below. WWE 2K14 launches Oct. 29 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia