Lightning's expansive wardrobe in her next outing, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, will include a costume based on Yuna from Final Fantasy 10, Square Enix revealed at Tokyo Game Show today. The costume, called "Spira's Summoner," is one of 80 outfits the publisher is promising for the fashionable Final Fantasy 13 sequel.
You can see Lightning as Yuna in action in the new gameplay video above.
In Japan, the Yuna costume will be available in Lightning Returns to players who purchase a copy of Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD for PlayStation Vita or PS3. Square Enix hasn't announced a similar tie-in for North America.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 features another throwback costume styled after Cloud Strife's from Final Fantasy 7. It's available to players who pre-order the game, which comes to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Feb. 11, 2014 in the U.S.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- A New Steam Controller
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4