Lightning's expansive wardrobe in her next outing, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, will include a costume based on Yuna from Final Fantasy 10, Square Enix revealed at Tokyo Game Show today. The costume, called "Spira's Summoner," is one of 80 outfits the publisher is promising for the fashionable Final Fantasy 13 sequel.
You can see Lightning as Yuna in action in the new gameplay video above.
In Japan, the Yuna costume will be available in Lightning Returns to players who purchase a copy of Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD for PlayStation Vita or PS3. Square Enix hasn't announced a similar tie-in for North America.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 features another throwback costume styled after Cloud Strife's from Final Fantasy 7. It's available to players who pre-order the game, which comes to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Feb. 11, 2014 in the U.S.
In This StoryStream
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?