The Pokemon Company revealed the two fossil Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y this weekend: the tyrannosaurs-looking Tyrunt and the whimsical Amaura — both of which can evolve into more powerful Pokemon.
Fossil Pokemon can be obtained by going to the Fossil Lab and restoring ancient Fossils. Pokemon X and Y players will be able to pick one of these two Pokemon for each save file.
Tyrunt can be obtained by reviving the one hundred million year-old Jaw Fossil, and according to the Pokemon website will throw a fit when he is displeased with something. He is a Rock/Dragon type Pokemon and his evolved form is Tyrantrum, a large creature reminiscent of a tyrannosaurus.
Amaura is a Rock/Ice type Pokemon that can be obtained by reviving the Sail Fossil. Amaura uses a new ability, Refrigerate, which will turn Normal-type Pokemon moves into Ice-type moves. Amaura evolves into Aurorus, which can blast enemies with cold air and form walls of ice.
More details on these Pokemon can be found on the Pokemon X and Y website. Pokemon X and Y will launch worldwide on Oct. 12.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death