A digital version of Pandemic: The Board Game will launch on iPad on Oct. 3, developer Z-Man Games announced today on the company's website.
The board game Pandemic launched in 2008 and has since been translated into 14 languages. In the game, players must find cures for four diseases that have broken out in different parts of the world — before populations are wiped out. Up to four players can participate, with each taking on one of five roles: medic, scientist, researcher, operations expert and dispatcher.
In the iPad version, players will be able to choose one of seven different roles to combat the viral threat. Players can also pick one of three difficulty levels (beginner, intermediate and expert) as well as play single-player or with up to four players with a pass-and-play mode.
The game has been given a new interface that will display hotspots and players' progress. Pandemic will also provide video tutorials for players unfamiliar with the game.
Pandemic: The Board Game will be available through the iTunes App Store on Oct. 3. There is currently no word on an Android version.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft