A digital version of Pandemic: The Board Game will launch on iPad on Oct. 3, developer Z-Man Games announced today on the company's website.
The board game Pandemic launched in 2008 and has since been translated into 14 languages. In the game, players must find cures for four diseases that have broken out in different parts of the world — before populations are wiped out. Up to four players can participate, with each taking on one of five roles: medic, scientist, researcher, operations expert and dispatcher.
In the iPad version, players will be able to choose one of seven different roles to combat the viral threat. Players can also pick one of three difficulty levels (beginner, intermediate and expert) as well as play single-player or with up to four players with a pass-and-play mode.
The game has been given a new interface that will display hotspots and players' progress. Pandemic will also provide video tutorials for players unfamiliar with the game.
Pandemic: The Board Game will be available through the iTunes App Store on Oct. 3. There is currently no word on an Android version.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'