League of Legends creator Riot Games is the third best medium-sized company in the U.S. to work for, Fortune reports.
Great Place to Work, a global research and consulting firm that focuses on workplaces and workplace culture, assembled the list of top businesses with less than 1,000 employees. Candidates were selected for their "unique cultures" and environments on the same level as Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For compilation.
According to an official response from Riot Games, which employes 846 people, teams across the company helped with the application process. This included participation from randomly selected employees about the company's culture and programs.
"This process gave us the opportunity to share Riot culture and stories, but also gave us a chance to take cultural inventory of where we're at and where we still need to go," the statement reads.
Earlier this year, Riot Games was voted the fourth best company to work for in tech by U.S.-based recruitment website Glassdoor.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month