League of Legends creator Riot Games is the third best medium-sized company in the U.S. to work for, Fortune reports.
Great Place to Work, a global research and consulting firm that focuses on workplaces and workplace culture, assembled the list of top businesses with less than 1,000 employees. Candidates were selected for their "unique cultures" and environments on the same level as Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For compilation.
According to an official response from Riot Games, which employes 846 people, teams across the company helped with the application process. This included participation from randomly selected employees about the company's culture and programs.
"This process gave us the opportunity to share Riot culture and stories, but also gave us a chance to take cultural inventory of where we're at and where we still need to go," the statement reads.
Earlier this year, Riot Games was voted the fourth best company to work for in tech by U.S.-based recruitment website Glassdoor.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business