Plants vs. Zombies 2, EA and PopCap's fast-paced, free-to-play strategy title, will launch on Android devices next month, according to a source familiar with EA's operations.
According to the source, Plants vs. Zombies 2 — which launched on iOS last month worldwide, and on Android only in China earlier this month — was given the launch window of October, though no firm release date was revealed. We have reached out to EA to try and find out something more specific for the game's international Android release date.
For more on the game's development, check out our interview with producer Allen Murray from earlier this summer. Late last month, PopCap announced that the game was approaching 25 million downloads through the iOS App Store alone.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Spare Xbox One code