Plants vs. Zombies 2, EA and PopCap's fast-paced, free-to-play strategy title, will launch on Android devices next month, according to a source familiar with EA's operations.
According to the source, Plants vs. Zombies 2 — which launched on iOS last month worldwide, and on Android only in China earlier this month — was given the launch window of October, though no firm release date was revealed. We have reached out to EA to try and find out something more specific for the game's international Android release date.
For more on the game's development, check out our interview with producer Allen Murray from earlier this summer. Late last month, PopCap announced that the game was approaching 25 million downloads through the iOS App Store alone.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?