Plants vs. Zombies 2, EA and PopCap's fast-paced, free-to-play strategy title, will launch on Android devices next month, according to a source familiar with EA's operations.
According to the source, Plants vs. Zombies 2 — which launched on iOS last month worldwide, and on Android only in China earlier this month — was given the launch window of October, though no firm release date was revealed. We have reached out to EA to try and find out something more specific for the game's international Android release date.
For more on the game's development, check out our interview with producer Allen Murray from earlier this summer. Late last month, PopCap announced that the game was approaching 25 million downloads through the iOS App Store alone.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?