Konami released the English language version of the intro to Kiefer Sutherland's take on Snake in the upcoming game.5: The Phantom Pain through its YouTube channel today, offering a nine minute preview of the Ground Zeroes prologue, the Fox Engine's impressive lighting engine and
The footage from the introduction to Metal Gear Solid 5 has been shown by Kojima Productions in various forms for more than a year. It originally made its debut at PAX Prime 2012 in Japanese. The newly released footage, featuring Sutherland and other members of the English voice cast, was presented to press at a Metal Gear Solid 5 event held at Kojima Productions' new Los Angeles studio earlier this month.
Kojima showed gameplay from the Ground Zeroes mission at Tokyo Game Show last week, playing the Cuban base infiltration sequence both at night and during daytime to showcase the developer's new engine and the gameplay implications of lighting.
At E3 2013, Kojima Productions unveiled a longer trailer from The Phantom Pain showcasing gameplay from later portions of the game.
Metal Gear Solid 5 is slated for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Video shown from the game is from the PC build and, according to Kojima, is on par with the current-generation versions of MGS 5.
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds