The latest Pokemon to join the next entries in the franchise, Pokemon X and Y, is Doublade — an evolution of the sword-like Honedge, as revealed by a post today on Pokemon's official Facebook page.
According to the post, Doublade is a steel-and-ghost-type Pokemon weighing 9.9 lbs. and standing two feet, seven inches tall. Doublade is "capable of carrying out intricate attacks" by coordinating its twin blades via telepathic power. You can view the new Pokemon in the photo above.
Pokemon X and Y launch worldwide for Nintendo 3DS Oct. 12. For more on the game, check out our hands-on preview and interview with director Junichi Masuda. Nintendo and Game Freak recently revealed a large batch of new monsters in its latest trailer.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today