The latest Pokemon to join the next entries in the franchise, Pokemon X and Y, is Doublade — an evolution of the sword-like Honedge, as revealed by a post today on Pokemon's official Facebook page.
According to the post, Doublade is a steel-and-ghost-type Pokemon weighing 9.9 lbs. and standing two feet, seven inches tall. Doublade is "capable of carrying out intricate attacks" by coordinating its twin blades via telepathic power. You can view the new Pokemon in the photo above.
Pokemon X and Y launch worldwide for Nintendo 3DS Oct. 12. For more on the game, check out our hands-on preview and interview with director Junichi Masuda. Nintendo and Game Freak recently revealed a large batch of new monsters in its latest trailer.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28