iOS and Android tablet versions of Shadowrun Returns, the Kickstarted revival of the role-playing series, is now available from Apple iTunes and Google Play for $9.99, Harebrained Schemes announced on the project's Kickstarter page.
The tablet version omits access to community created content and the editor. The developer plans to release a bundle of the best user-generated content to the devices "at some point in the future."
"When Jordan created the original world of Shadowrun, he didn't predict that people would one day interact with that world on touch-screen computers more powerful than the one that took us to the moon," the Kickstarter update reads. "It is extremely gratifying that the enthusiasm for this game setting has stood the test of time and that we are now able to deliver it on mobile devices to a new generation of gamers."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4