Grand Theft Auto 5's torture scene is provocative, graphic and unlike anything in mainstream video games. But is it good satire?
Each episode, I will be joined by a fellow member of Polygon's editorial staff to answer an important, unusual or agitating question related to video games. As the show moves forward I hope to hand off hosting duties, so that more Polygon team members across the globe have an opportunity to speak with you directly via video.
Today, I'm joined by Features Editor Russ Pitts to answer this question: Is GTA 5's torture scene a good example of satire? The episode will begin at 2:00 p.m. ET and will be available via YouTube following the recording.
Share your opinion in the comments. And be sure to read Pitts' opinion piece: Waterboarding one person and killing 300 in Grand Theft Auto 5.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story