Carmageddon: Reincarnation, Stainless Games' upcoming modern take on the 1997 original, will arrive on Steam through Early Access in Q1 2014, according to a post today on the game's official site.
At its Early Access launch, players will be able to buy Carmageddon: Reincarnation at several price points, beginning with the standard game package that all Kickstarter and PayPal backers who pledged $15 or more will receive. Stainless Games is also running a promotion to give away 99 free passes to the "Full Package" version of the game, which includes all updates and future downloadable content. You can enter at the game's official website.
"Yes, Q1 2014 will see the launch of Carmageddon: Reincarnationon Steam," a Kickstarter blog post reads. "And Early Access means the World gets the game at the earliest opportunity, and we all get the benefit of feedback and community involvement as the game continues towards its ultimate destiny; To boldly go where no cow and granny mangling game has gone before!"
Carmageddon: Reincarnation reached its crowdfunding goal earlier this year, thanks in part to additional funding by Bullfrog Productions co-founder Les Edgar. The Kickstarter campaign ended with $625,143 from 15,736 backers, well in excess of its $400,000 goal.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles