In a new post on the official Battlefield blog, developer DICE has revealed the seven game modes that will be available in Battlefield 4 later this year, detailing which modes will be feature in the game's beta test and how many players each mode should support on different platforms.
In addition to team and squad deathmatch modes, Battlefield 4 will feature a mix of infantry and vehicle-focused multiplayer modes. Here are the basics, as described by publisher Electronic Arts.
- Conquest (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) - All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
- Domination (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) - Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
- Obliteration - Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
- Defuse - Competitive close quarters combat
- Team Deathmatch - The classic shooter mode — Battlefield 4 style
- Rush - Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
- Squad Deathmatch - Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
The suggested number of players per mode often varies from current-generation consoles to PC and next-gen consoles. Only one mode, Conquest, is "designed for" up to 64 players, with the rest ranging from between 10 to 32.
For more detail on Battlefield 4's multiplayer suite, check out the full blog post at Battlefield.com.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- The best part about the 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' crossover might be 'Bob's Burgers'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?