In a new post on the official Battlefield blog, developer DICE has revealed the seven game modes that will be available in Battlefield 4 later this year, detailing which modes will be feature in the game's beta test and how many players each mode should support on different platforms.
In addition to team and squad deathmatch modes, Battlefield 4 will feature a mix of infantry and vehicle-focused multiplayer modes. Here are the basics, as described by publisher Electronic Arts.
- Conquest (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) - All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
- Domination (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) - Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
- Obliteration - Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
- Defuse - Competitive close quarters combat
- Team Deathmatch - The classic shooter mode — Battlefield 4 style
- Rush - Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
- Squad Deathmatch - Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
The suggested number of players per mode often varies from current-generation consoles to PC and next-gen consoles. Only one mode, Conquest, is "designed for" up to 64 players, with the rest ranging from between 10 to 32.
For more detail on Battlefield 4's multiplayer suite, check out the full blog post at Battlefield.com.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS