FarSight Studios will release a new Terminator-based table for its pinball sim game, The Pinball Arcade, via the PlayStation Network, lead designer Bobby King announced via the PlayStation Blog.
The Terminator 2: Judgement Day table was funded via Kickstarter in July. It raised more than $62,000 of its $59,000 goal with the help of nearly 1,900 backers. According to King's post, the table Terminator 2 is based on was released in 1991 and was designed by Steve Ritchie. In addition to a dot-matrix display, the table featured a video mode and a swing out cannon for players to fire.
The Pinball Arcade's new table will be available Tuesday with the PSN update. In addition to its PlayStation 3 and PS Vita release, the game is also expected to launch for PlayStation 4. Pinball Expo and Comikaze attendees will have the chance to try out the PlayStation 4 version during both events.
The Pinball Arcade is also available on Xbox 360, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and Ouya. Launches for Windows PC and Wii U are also expected.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters