Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut will arrive on Steam for Windows PC Nov. 1 for North America and Oct. 31 for Europe, according to its Steam page.
Publisher Rising Star Games announced Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut's addition to Steam Greenlight in July, saying "our vocal fans have been calling for a PC version of this game, so using Steam Greenlight gives those fans the chance to make a difference." The game past Valve's vetting process and was approved for sale on its distribution platform later that month, alongside Iron Galaxy Studios' fighting game, Divekick and Plastic Piranha's first-person shooter, Rekoil.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut's Windows PC release features overhauled high definition graphics, a revamped control system and downloadable content. The Steam version will include achievements and Steam Trading Cards. For more about the game, read our review where it is described as "like the winner of an ugly pet competition: Its faults somehow make it adorable."
A Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut 352-page digital book is now available for pre-order via the iTunes App Store for $9.99. It is slated to launch for iPad Oct. 14.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4